Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Never in a Million Years

I never thought I would ever stitch this design. Never say never, especially when a friend is involved. Diane was thumbing through my JCS ornament issues one day and happened upon this design. She said that was one she really wanted me to stitch for her. My, oh my, let's just say this was not one of my favorites from the 2004 Issue. I'm gonna have lunch with her tomorrow, and will present the ornament to her. I have to say it was a fun stitch and worked up quickly. Now I just hope she likes it. What do you think? Do you know anyone else who has stitched this design? Kudos to Rae Iverson of Moss Creek Designs, Inc. for designing it. I used the recommended fibers and 28ct Platinum cashel.

Julbock Christmas Pocket--made into an ornament.

11 comments:

Cathy B said...

It's kind of Scandinavian looking. Nice job! Enjoy your lunch tomorrow!

JillMN said...

Hi Becky!
I have not seen that ornament stitched before. It does look Scandinavian. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the great comment. Happy Stitching :)
Jill

Daffycat said...

I have a hard time stitching things I'm not especially attracted to so kudos to you for doing so! Very unusual design but it looks great.

Carla said...

It's not a design I would stitch for myself, but I think you did a great job and your friend will love iy :)

Meadows08 said...

What a great friend you are! What IS it anyhow??? It kinda looks like a goat-y reindeer. :)

Gabi said...

This is lovely. Is it a sort of capricorn? What ever it is...I like it.

lynda said...

I don't remember that one, but you did a lovely job! Diane will love it!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What is it supposed to be? You did a great job stitching it.

Karen said...

Kudos to you! I like it but would never stitch it. You did a great job!

Mylene said...

The ornament looks great! Not for me either and haven't seen anyone stitched that.

Brigitte said...

I hadn't seen this one stitched up either. It's great. And I think Cathy is right, it looks very Scandinavian.

Blog Archive