Friday, September 30, 2011

Halloween Exchange for Julianne

Julianne and I are doing a private Halloween exchange.  We've been blogging friends for a few years now.  Since we both like Prairie Schooler, I decided stitch one of their designs.  I had so much fun stitching the cat, I decided to stitch another.  I took the liberty of adding some Halloween effects to my photo.  I just love that cat.  The reason I chose to stitch it is because of the teeth.  They reminded me of my cat Tobie, just before he decides to bite me.  Julianne let me know she received the exchange yesterday and is using it as a scissor fob. I wanted to use a beaded edging, but the beads just wouldn't cooperate.  The edging looked terrible, so I went with the plain whipstitch.  Julieanne said she loved the piece.  I'm glad cause I sure had a fun time stitching it!

I should never clean.  I have some very, very purple linen somewhere.  I was going to stitch up DaffyCat's little black cat on it, but can't find the piece anywhere.  I'll just have to choose something else to stitch.  I can't spend lots of time searching for it, because I have to get my trip stuff together.  Maybe it will turn up after the trip.  So, I have to decide on some other small project to take on the bus with me. Speaking of the trip, I guess I'd better get packing.  We leave Sunday morn and nary a thing do I have in a suitcase!

Have a great weekend.  My traveling friend, Diane and I are going to the Grayson Gumbo festival tomorrow.  We had a great time last year, so we're gonna do it again.  Now what was it I said about packing?

6 comments:

Cindy's Stitching said...

How cute. I love the design.

Marjorie said...

I love that cat too! I was just gifted with that chart so I will be stitching him soon. Have fun on your trip!

Daffycat said...

I love your Halloween exchange! How wonderful it is. Julianne must be thrilled.

Yay, packing. That is the only thing I hate about traveling!

LOL My Daffy cat used to bite. I'd look over and there she would be...looking (I swear) exactly like a cobra ready to strike!

KarenV said...

That's a great exchange! Love the haunted house, very spooky!

Berit said...

Divine! You've got me wanting to sift through patterns to see if I have this one! Isn't PS the best? (Though I say that about many things, lol!)

Einschies blog said...

Great exchange Becky...I love that halloween house and I also have the chart...öhm, it´s the same with halloween every year, It arrives tooo fast....same with christmas too;-))

Have a nice day,
Gaby

Blog Archive