Sunday, November 4, 2007

Even more tipsy


The tipsy tree has captured my stitching heart. I've done four so far. Sorry about the quality of the photo, I was too lazy to iron them. The pieces will be turned into tree ornaments for friends. I need to decide on the backs and then stitch them up. I do all my stitching by hand, so it will probably be an easy design.


I have decided on the design I'm going to stitch for the USEBB Christmas Ornament exchange. I've done the design and one similar to it several times. Like the Tipsy Tree, this design has a place in my heart also. All I need to do is pull the threads and decide which fabric I'm going to use. Most likely the fabric will be Cashel since I really like to stitch on it. I'll see.


The open house at the Humane Society went well. The day was beautiful. We adopted two little pups. We had hoped to adopt more, but the lookers has something very specific in mind. We just didn't have the dogs this time. Maybe next. I do not understand people. Someone dropped off three little kittens without telling us. They just left them to fend for themselves. They are now in the shelter. We also have four, count them, four black cats. We don't adopt them out at this time of year.


Thanks for stopping by. Happy stitching to each of you.


11 comments:

Mindi said...

You're not the only one that's been having fun with this cute little tree, I just did 2 of them today.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are a stitchin' machine!

I did manage to get some cheeks and a nose on my Santa, but mostly knitting this weekend.

Can't wait to see how you finish up the trees.

Sherry said...

cute tree! Good idea about the black cats. This time of year is hard on them with the pranksters.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

The tipsy trees are so sweet! I'm sure your friends will adore them :)

Leeland said...

Happy belated birthday, Becky! I'm sorry only two puppies were adopted. Not to mention the kitties. What's wrong with these people? I wouldn't call them rats, it would be an offence for our rodent friends...
You make me feel like having my own tipsy tree... Lol! I'll stitch one for myself soon: it will make me think of you...
Take care,
Lili

Ranae said...

Hi! I seen your comments on other blogs and thought I would peek in.
Those tipsy trees are so adorable.
I love the colors in that M Design too.

Marie said...

Those are the cutest little trees!

Beatrice said...

The trees are so cute and your friends are lucky to get one for christmas.
I understand about not adopting the black cats out this time of the year.
But I do hope you can find homes for them..I love cats.

Sharon said...

Those are all too cute!

Wendy said...

Your tipsy trees are wonderful! Its such a shame about the kittens but at least they are in a safe place now.

Dawn T. said...

The trees are adorable! Great job:)

Blog Archive