Sunday, November 29, 2009

October ornament for 2009 Ornament Challenge

Christmas Eve Deer
The Prairie Schooler
November issue The Gift of Stitching
32ct Lambswool, DMC fibers
I knew I would stitch this ornament as soon as I saw it in TGOS. The pattern calls for white moon and snowflakes. However, Barbara of Mainely Stitches, made some color changes on the one she stitched that I really liked. So, I used her idea. I think mine turned out pretty well. This is my October ornament for the challenge. November is almost done, so I'm a gonna make it.
Have a great Sunday. I am in deep mourning this morning. My O-State Cowboys got stomped by the Sooner Schooner.

8 comments:

Daffycat said...

I love this reindeer. Your finishing is perfect!

*cries* OSU didn't even score. What's up with that?

Brigitte said...

Oh so sweet. I will stitch this one, too.

CindyMae said...

That is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the finishing too!

Anonymous said...

Lovely finish, this design was the one I wanted to stitch straight away from the November issue of TGOS, but I'm not organised enough to have made a start yet. Yours looks great though!

mainely stitching said...

It turned out beautifully! And your beaded edge is stunning!! :D

Hazel said...

This is gorgeous Becky! I have been wanting to do this one as well. Love the beaded edge. x

Andrea said...

Same here Becky. This is the only one I want to stitch from TGOS...only I haven't yet, but it is printed out. Your is a beautiful finish.

stitcherw said...

What a fun one, I like the color changes you made. Great job on the finishing too, the beading around the edge is lovely.
Sue

Blog Archive