Monday, November 16, 2009

LHN SAL ornie

Here's my first ornament for the Little House Needleworks SAL. Dear Sweet Vonna of the Twisted Stitcher has a SAL going for the LHN ornaments. I couldn't resist and signed up. This is my Whet Your Appetite ornie. I started stitching this one on my bus trip to Cape Cod in October. The lighting in most of the motel rooms just wouldn't accommodate my tired old eyes, so I put it up and finished it when I got home. Initially I was stitching it for one of my exchanges and thought it would be too big for a Christmas tree ornament. Now that I look at it, me thinks it would have been ok. Oh well, now it's mine! Hehe. I used my favorite way of finishing, a whip stitched little pillow. I have it hanging up in the living room now. It's never too early for Christmas ornaments. You should see all my little reindeer hanging in various locations. Maybe I should get my tree ready.

Have a great week.

10 comments:

Hazel said...

Ooooh lovely. what a great idea for an sal. xx

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

That is darling Becky! Me likey!

Berit said...

I've been wanting to stitch this chart for a while now; cute finish with the eyelets.

staci said...

Very sweet ornament Becky!!!

Cindy said...

Beautiful ornaments. LHN's designs are always so sweet. :) I am yet to stitch of of their design...

Kathy A. said...

That is very sweet Becky and I love the finish. Oh, I'd love to see your collection of reindeer.

CindyMae said...

That is just lovely!!! Wonderful ornie!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Beautiful job and I liek how you used rivets for the hanger!

Theresa said...

This is adorable!!!!!!!!!

Brigitte said...

A wonderful finish, Becky. Aren't you glad that you kept this one for yourself?

Blog Archive