Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Rain, Rain







Monday afternoon we had some heavy thunderstorms pass through town. When it rains hard the city ditch that runs beside my duplex overflows into the yard. Here's a couple of photos looking out my back door. As you can see, one neighbor didn't heed the warning. The car got swept into the ditch. The water has never gotten into the duplex, but has gotten quite close. Hope it never does get up that far.
I've been stitching on two exchange pieces. One is finished but not ready to mail. I tried working on it tonight, but the vision was too blurry, so will have to work extra hard tomorrow to get it completed. The stitching on the other is almost finished too. The deadlines are very near so I must work faster.
Enjoy your Wednesday.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Wasn't that rain something yesterday? It got so dark and rained so hard that I could barely see the headlights on the cars on Yale from my window at about 11:30 in the morning! Glad you stayed dry! I'm sure it gave you an uneasy feeling watching the water creep higher and higher.

Sylvie said...

OMG! Glad you were safe at home.

Dawn T. said...

I was worried when I saw the radar for your area! I am glad you are safe. We are supposed to get more rain today. I am seriously thinking about buying a canoe to get around soon....lol.:)

Kathy A. said...

Wow that is some rainstorm. Glad you were safe and warm at home.

mainely stitching said...

Phew, that's some serious rain!!

Carol R said...

Guess you had some rain? Keep safe

Blog Archive