Thursday, March 22, 2012

XXX's

Now I ask, how can one little letter be the bane of frustration?  Today an X was not my friend and called many frogs.  I think I stitched that letter three or four times.  Oh, the eyes aren't what they used to be.

I heard from my stitching friend Julianne that she got my Spring exchange I sent.  It is a Beth Twist design from the latest Gift of Stitching magazine.  Here's my interpretation:
Julianne said it reminded her of spring, so I accomplished my goal.  That's the fabric I backed it with.  I wish I could master the art of bows.  I used the charted threads and used an opalescent fabric that had a hint of blue violet to it.  I think it was 28ct, but I don't remember.

Have one more exchange to finish tomorrow.  I know how I'm going to do it too!  Guess it's time to test the bed.  See ya tomorrow.

6 comments:

Veronica said...

You did a wonderful job on the pillow. Beautiful stitching and the fabric you picked for it is perfect.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Daffycat said...

Oh, how beautiful! I love the colors and you've finished it so nicely. It usually takes several tries for me to get a bow looking halfway decent!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a lovely piece! Its beautifully finished!

Debbie said...

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT... THE COLORS AND THE FINISH, JUST PERFECT!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

This came out so cute, I am sure she loved it. May the frogs be gone and the eyes see clearly. CJ in OK ;-)

DebbieSFL said...

Love how this came out and I am passing an award on to you on my blog.

Blog Archive