Monday, February 25, 2013

Valentine Exchange from Julianne and more

Greetings on this cold, raining Monday morning.  Such a great day for stitching, which I plan to do very soon. Tomorrow should be interesting also.  We are supposed to have a little snow.

I received my Valentine from Julianne last week.  She stitched a Prairie Schooler design for me.  She bought the trim while she was in New York.  It is so much fun to receive a stitched piece from a friend.  Thank you J., I have it on my stitching shelf where I can see it.

We decided to do a SAL of the ornament "Night Before Christmas" by Birds of a Feather from the 1998 Ornament issue.  I've robbed, exchanged and improvised for all the thread colors.  I'm sure it will look great when I get it stitched.  I've never stitched a BOF design for me, so this ornie will constitute two firsts.  It's my first SAL too.

I'm a great lover of anything St. Patrick's related.  I ordered iStitch Designs "Sew Irish".  Pulled the threads for it last night also.  Once I cut the fabric for it, I'll begin.

Saturday I put the finishing touches in "March" of LHN Months of the Year series. It has shamrocks in it, so loved stitching it.

Guess I had better get busy. Lots to do before I head off to work this afternoon.

Blog Archive