Friday, April 24, 2009

More Tulips

Today is my mom's 88th birthday. The celebration will be tomorrow with my two sisters and their families. I decided to stitch primitivebetty's spring freebie for her. Well, somehow I miscounted and the design was completely off center. So, I decided to dress it up a little to compensate for my error. Here's what I came up with:

Now don't look too closely at the ribbon or the bow! I had the iron too hot and the ribbon went poof, so I had to make a little bow. Another stitcher had added some button to her finish, so I used her idea. I think it turned out sorta cute.

The day trip yesterday was alot of fun. I'll post some photos later this weekend.

I finally got my HoE Woodland exchange in the mail. It has over 4800 miles to travel, so it will be a while before I can post the photo of the exchange.

Well, guess I'll stitch a little before I head to dream land. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

7 comments:

CindyMae said...

Very creative! I think that it turned out just perfect!!

Brigitte said...

Oh Becky, how I love this little pillow. It's so beautifully and creatively finished.

Mary said...

It's perfect! I love the blues and greens. The ribbon and buttons add the right touch! Your mom will love it.

Michele said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!!! love the pillow :)

Hoebeltje said...

It still looks nice, believe me

Daffycat said...

Great little spring pillow! Nice save with the ribbon...it looks as though you planned it that way!

Suzanne said...

Very cute pillow. I love the addition of the buttons and the ribbon. Very neat finishing touches.

Blog Archive